Released on Thursday, October 18 (iOS), 2018, and on Friday, October 19 (Android), 2018.
Some rotten fruit are stirring up trouble in Sweet Apple Acres… Are you brave enough to survive the Night of the Living Apples!? Enjoy this limited-time story event based on the amazing comic, with lots of batty twists on some of your favorite characters!
- A CHILLING LIMITED-TIME STORY
After a magical meteor shower, the apples have come to life, and they’re thirsty for conquest! It’s up to you to go bobbing for danger with the help of Flutterbat and more vampire versions of the Mane Six in this new Nightmare Night adventure!
- VAMPS, APPLES & MORE
Come face-to-fang with Rainbow Bite, Appledrac, plus many more characters for your Ponyville.
- HAUNTED HOMES
Add the Vampire Ponies’ Belfry and Apple Encampment for your frightening new friends to live!
- SPOOKY SHOPS & DÉCOR
The Nightmare Night Corn Maze, Ghost Ship and more will add the perfect seasonal spice!
Get this update and scare yourself filly!
- 23 new Characters added, 2 new collections, 4 new shops
- New Calendar Rewards System (from 20 November onwards)
- New Seasonal Group Quest + Golden Keys
- New Icons for Minecart & Equestria Girls
- Notification screen has a new look
- Totems no longer require to be destroyed after usage, but will instantly disappear
- Also, while selecting ingredients to make totems and waiting for them to be finished, an icon appears next to the totem selection (to the left) and the totems ready for gathering Shards (to the right, a new icon) for the amount of available totems.
- Looks got changed for Nightmare Night (darker grounds and a night sky, decorations in Ponyville, Canterlot, Sweet Apple Acres, and the Crystal Empire; the Crystal Empire's background buildings' windows being lit against an evening sky.)
|Ponyville||Sweet Apple Acres||Canterlot|
|Sweet Apple Acres|
The Quick Update was done on the loading screen when you entered the game on November 8, 2018. It unlocked 8 New Characters and added 2 New Shops, alongside a new Limited-Time Story. It also disabled Nightmare Night mode by removing the decorations and reverting environments back to their default settings.