He is voiced by Cathy Wesluck. In 2016, it was announced that Spike is a playable character and he is now joining Ponyville. You can get him by completing the last quest of The Ponyville Party. Up until Update 2.9 he couldn't play the apple picking game.
In Update 4.4, Grown up Spike (with wings) was added into the game as a separate character but he does not go to Crystal Inn nor Patchwork Tavern like Younger Spike does. Also, from that update onward, every instance of Spike in the quests' screens will henceforth show him having wings.
When tapped, he will respond with a random quote:
- "Mmm...Mmm... Yum!"
- "Have fun!"
- "All right that's awesome. Yeah!"
- "Wait! Can I be a prince?"
- "I could eat gems all day."
- "Okay. It's time to explore."
Spike has several unique animations:
- He pulls out a paper and starts writing on it with a feather pen.
- He plays with a doll that resembles Rarity and cuddles it.
- He pulls out two dolls that resemble Cadence and Shining Armor and re-enacts their wedding by making them talk, then kiss.
- He eats various things such as ice cream with a spoon, a plate of French fries, and popcorn.
- He puts on a mustache, or a gem bedazzled red bow tie.
- He dances in various ways.
Spike issues the player the following quests in the following sections of the Ponyville quests:
Getting Pinkie Pie: Branch 2
Taking the Cake
Cherry on Top
Cutie Mark Chronicles
Preparing for Pinkie Pie
Getting Applejack: Branch 1
Lost and Found
The Path to Ponyville
Applejack of my Eye
Getting Rarity: Branch 1
Will Work for Gems
More for Decor
Keeping up Shop
Getting Fluttershy: Branch 3
Getting Rainbow Dash: Branch 2
A Gem of an Appettite
There's a Pony for that
Royal Wedding Preparations
Spending the Knight
Quest Chain #2
Gifts for Guests
- Click on the town you want and it will reveal the characters in that location (the new way for Show/Hide)