Every location comes with various obstacles with different sizes such as rocks and trees that need to be cleared before the land can be redeveloped to build houses, shops and decorations. You can only clear obstacles on patches of land you have freed from the shadows.
Obstacles can respawn over time in any patch of clear land are large enough for it. If they or the "Clear?" dialogue box spawn in the same position of a Shop or other building (including it's floating tag if present), tapping it will trigger the building's effect.
Here is a list of the plant-based obstacles.
Here is a list of the rock-based obstacles.
Enemy and regional obstacles
Most areas has its own specific type of enemy as its obstacle:
- Ponyville: Parasprites
- Canterlot: Changelings
- Sweet Apple Acres: Vampire Fruit Bats
- Crystal Empire: King Sombra's Corruption (in the form of dark-colored crystals)
- Everfree Forest: Plunderseed Vines, Cragadiles (which only appear once when you explore a specific area with a pond, Rocks (similar to those of Ponyville, Sweet Apple Acres, and Canterlot)
- Klugetown: Purple slime puddles, broken ships
Only Parasprites, Changelings, Vampire Fruit Bats, Plunderseed Vines and King Sombra's Corruption spawn randomly in different areas, usually when the player does not play the game for an amount of time.
Sweet Apple Acres
Tips and tricks
By paving clear land with Dirt Paths from the Decor Shop, it is possible to prevent obstacles from reforming. Simply sell or move the Dirt Path squares when you need the room. It is cheaper in the long run to pave than removing clear 16,000 rocks.
- Leaving a few squares purposefully black will allow you to 'cultivate' obstacles if you need ones to remove for quest progression
- This trick also works with preventing Parasprites from respawning.
Obstacles respawn at 6 or 12 AM, EST.
| My Little Pony by Gameloft|