Hearts ( ) are the social currency in the MLP Gameloft Game. Since hearts can be used to obtain pony characters, it is recommended that you take every action possible to obtain them. Therefore, you are encouraged to add as many friends as possible, and be generous in gifting every 24 hours.
Hearts can only be obtained through Social actions such as:
- Being invited to play by a new Friend (find Invites in your Inbox)
- Opening a chest sent by a friend (contains 1 )
- Receiving a gift sent by a friend (contains 1 )
- Friends picking you as dance partner in the Equestria Girls minigames (1 )
Chests may be found on the ground in any of the four map locations. You may need to zoom in to tap some of them. Gifts are received in your inbox under social. Both actions have their own 24 hour cooldown which is displayed on the respective button. When a friend accepts your invitation to play, a heart will be added to your total.
Being generous with your friends encourages them to do the same.
- Invite a Friend to play ("Add New Friend")
- Drop a chest in a friend's town (contains 1 )
- Send a gift to a friend (contains 1 )
- Pick friends as a dance partner in the Equestria Girls minigames (1 )
In order to send a chest, you have to visit the friend's town and then tap the chest icon on the lower half of the screen. To send gifts, view your Friends list and select "Gift All". This is all managed in the Social scroll. To reward friends a heart for dancing with them in the Equestria Girls minigame, make sure that you are connected to the social network before dancing.
Using hearts in game
Hearts can be used for the following:
- Purchasing certain characters from the store (30-200 depending on character)
- Completing certain quests
- Playing the Friendship Balloon Pop game (30 )
As of December 2015, only eight ponies can be purchased in store with hearts, requiring a total amount of 660 hearts. Future updates may alter prices or add new ponies. Once all characters available this way have been obtained, these hearts can then be used to play the Friendship Balloon Pop game to obtain free decor items, as well as coins, element shards, experience and even gems.
The maximum amount of hearts you can earn is unknown. Players recently have had totals over 5,000 and continued to earn more. In earlier versions, players had more than 15,000. There may be no limit.
Characters purchased with hearts
- Twilight's Dad* - 160
Sweet Apple Acres
(*) Required for certain quests